Monday, July 31, 2006

Do I live my life or do I spend most of it wondering what to do and wandering from thought to though waiting for that perfect fortune cookie or horoscope to spell out my next steps. Why am I so myopic? Yes, I know my genes and the fact that most of my daytime hours are spent in front a computer screen have led to very bad eyesight but my mind's eye seems equally blind. I feel as though there is a road in front of me with milestones but there's a thick fog deterring me from moving along that road. I was watching Jerry Maguire at home on Friday night (yes, pathetic) and even someone as uninspiring as Tom Cruise made me sit back and wonder why I don't have any semblance of a mission statement. I'm 33 and I've managed to check off a few things on that list that you inherit from the vast social consciousness we're all a part of. I got married, I have a job and I own a home. What next though? What do I do to stop myself from flipping channels?

1 comment:

anja said...

hmm.i know what yuo mean about the fog on the road...it will clear up when you really will it to..i almost don't want it to clear coz I've goteen so comfortable in the haze.